In our city, we don’t find a reason to celebrate because we are the reason! Calgary rejoices in everything- from local events such as the Fourth Street Lilac Festival wherein locals and visitors meet and have fun by enjoying the music and atmosphere in the said street festival.
Not just that, we also have the Calgary International Film Festival to recognize and give honor to our filmmakers and the film industry.
And that’s just the beginning, you can get to see and experience other festivals held by various organizations and local communities.
Mark your Calendars!
From vibrant and eclectic street performances to a world-class dance stage, Calgary has got it covered for you.
Here are some of the festivals that you need to take note of:
1. Calgary Dragon Boat Race & Festival Witness participants row their way across the Glenmore Reservoir.
2. Carifest The party is at the 49th parallel, Caribbean style.
3. GlobalFestLet’s celebrate unity and diversity with a bang!
4. Heritage Park’s Once Upon a Christmas ‘Tis the season to be jolly!
5. Marda Gras A yearly community event that revels New Orleans’ food and culture
6. Sun and Salsa Festival Kensington themed- festival, enjoy the sun and the food with your friends!
7. Sunfest A renaissance themed party held at
8. Taste of Calgary Get a taste of Calgary’s cuisine with a sampling party held by Calgary’s restaurants
9. Winefest Let’s get those wine glasses clinking with Calgary’s annual wine festival every February